- Contract or Temp
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Contributes to the planning, design, creation, amendment, verification, testing and documentation of new and amended integration, software, web, and multi-media applications that facilitates the achievement of business outcomes and improves business efficiencies and processes through the leverage of technology to specified standards and procedures.
- 3+ year experience in Java 8+
- 2+ year experience in Microservice and familiar with Microservice patterns
- Extensive experience in Springboot v2.x
- Experience in Spring Data/ Hibernate
- Experience in GIT, nice to have Bitbucket GIT experience but not mandatory
- Experience in SQL Queries, Oracle Queries
- Nice to have experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Migrate code from a JavaEE Monolith application written in EJB and Hibernate to microservices stack with Springboot and Java 8
- Collaborate with other team members to follow microservice patterns or coding standards defined by the project team
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership of the end to end task is required since this is a high paced project
- Collaborate with others to complete tasks in the planned time by adhering to ‘Definition of Done’ checklist and should validate code with required amount of tests
- Prepare specialised, quality code that complies with specifications and standards, as required and aligned to product design to enable on time application development.
- Collaborate with others to review specifications and use agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools applying security standards, best practice methodologies and industry recognised standards, processes and systems.
- Complete unit/system testing and gather feedback to improve quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application, ensuring risks are adequately understood, documented and mitigated.
- Undertake post release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles in compliance with release and change management processes
- Provide 3rd level application support and problem resolution to minimise the impact of application related service outages including identifying, locating and competently fixing faults; complying with incident and problem management processes.
- Translate user stories and propose development approaches or services to meet needs engaging in meaningful interactions and relationships with users and working collaboratively with Analysts and Testers, contributing to the Agile practice for development user stories and test scenarios, to ensure an effective delivery system.
- Contribute technical expertise to user stories analysis to enhance the quality of the solution design for new or existing products
- Identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement including analysis and response to customer feedback and insights and contribute to ongoing improvements to products and service delivery; recognising the potential for automation of processes.