- Contract or Temp
- $500 - $550 PerDay
Statutory Reporting & Asset Accountant – NSW Government
A Statutory Reporting & Asset Accountant is required by a NSW Government Department on a 3-month contract to assist with departmental mergers and the cutover from one financial reporting system to another
- Contribute to the preparation of statutory finance reports
- Prepare accurate and timely financial information, analysis and notes, responding to external financial reporting requests, liaising with Senior Management to ensure the reporting timetable is adhered to and reports are compliant with the accounting standards and legislative requirements.
- Develop and review accounting procedures and processes as relevant to the positions portfolio, as well as providing expert advice and services in relation to these.
- Monitor that finance and accounting functions undertaken by other branches are accurate, timely and appropriate. Raise issues and assist with problem resolution and continuous improvement.
- Draft notes disclosures to financial statements where requested or required.
- Prepare timely, complete and accurate external and statutory periodic reports that meet all accounting standards and legislative requirements
- Oversee the preparation of data collection and reporting to produce reliable and robust financial information by providing guidance and direction to Property specific project teams.
- Provide critical and predictive financial analysis to support business decisions through the analysis of data and ensure integrity of financial data across Property Acquisition, disposal and valuation programmes.
- Relevant tertiary-level qualifications
- Intermediate – Advanced SAP skills
- Desirable: experience with PIMS & Prime
- Experience with financial analysis, asset accounting, listing/property experience and statutory reporting
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Previous government experience highly beneficial
If you have the relevant experience, apply now with your most recent CV (in Word format)